Hello, everybody! Welcome to this week's recap of Proto Blast development :)
Okay, this is going to be another quick recap, or at least rather quick :p
I continued working on the story's visual assets (backgrounds, sprites). With the background for park done, it leaves only one more background to finish! I hope the rest of the assets will be done quickly so that the game can be published soon.
Here are the done assets:
- Conversation Background: Level 1
- Conversation Background: Level 2
- Conversation Background: Level 4
- Conversation Background: Level 5
- Story Background: Park
- Story Background: Headquarters
- Conversation Sprite: amoeba
- Conversation Sprite: Sonya
- Conversation Sprite: Mac Jegagik's Assistant
- Conversation Sprite: Tukiyo
- Sound Effect: Hurt
- Music: Failed
- Music: Level Clear
And here are the to-dos/WIPs:
- Conversation Background: Level 3
- Conversation Sprite: Tukiyem (shool uniform)
- Conversation Sprite: Joni
- Conversation Sprite: "Om Mesum"
- Music: Main Theme
And~ regarding the touch controls, I tried to investigate the examples in GDevelop. But, I didn't find the help/hint that I wanted. I need something specific: how a touch-based platformer controller, or maybe we can say virtual joystick, works. Some googling and Youtube search didn't help either. Then, I decided to search on GDevelop Forum, and looks like this thread
has the clue that I want.
Of course, applying what I got there and test how it works is the next thing to do.