This Week on Proto Blast #95
Hi, everybody! Here's another weekly recap of Proto Blast development :)
I continued working on the visual assets, which are dialog sprites and background, and tinkered with touch control mechanism. It has been long since I started this project, and it looked like with updates made on GDevelop, the project templates are updated too. I just realized that the HTML5 platformer template actually now includes touch control. And~ it seems to be a good hint at what I need for this project :)
I did some modifications on the game's touch commands, exported the game, and built it via Intel XDK and Phonegap Build. But~ this is the kind of result that I got when tried to run it :/
What is that?
Yep. Black screen with no sign of the game loading~ :/
It resulted the same both on XDK's simulator and on my phone.
Well, this kind of result happened before, though. I'm not sure, but either GDevelop's export results for XDK seem to be hit-and-miss, or there is something missing that needs to be done in order for the exported game to run properly. But, I didn't remember any specific settings or command the time the game did run properly after exported, so maybe it's more likely the first one?
With that said, it means that I still need to tinker more with the game export and experiment on the touch control. And~ I think that's all for this week.
Here are the done assets:
- Conversation Background: Level 1
- Conversation Background: Level 2
- Conversation Background: Level 4
- Conversation Background: Level 5
- Story Background: Park
- Story Background: Headquarters
- Conversation Sprite: amoeba
- Conversation Sprite: Sonya
- Conversation Sprite: Mac Jegagik's Assistant
- Conversation Sprite: Tukiyo
- Sound Effect: Hurt
- Music: Failed
- Music: Level Clear
And here are the to-dos/WIPs:
- Conversation Background: Level 3
- Conversation Sprite: Tukiyem (shool uniform)
- Conversation Sprite: Joni
- Conversation Sprite: "Om Mesum"
- Music: Main Theme
Stay tuned for the next recap :)
Write a comment »